About Official Boy Scouts of America Products
What are Official BSA Products?
Official products are sold only by the BSA National Supply Group or a BSA Licensee. Generally speaking, any other product(s) manufactured by a third party that desires to use any trademarks proprietary to the BSA must be licensed to do so.
Why should I only buy or trade Official BSA Products?
- Unauthorized products, such as t-shirts, patches and promotional items, may be illegal if produced without authorization by the BSA National Council.
- T-shirts, patches and other products purchased through the National Supply Group or an official BSA Licensee are required to be manufactured in accordance with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 (FCPA), the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, and all other federal laws.
- Official products must meet the organization’s high standards for product quality and safety. The business and manufacturing operations of the BSA’s vendors, BSA’s licensees and any third-party manufacturer are subject to inspection to ensure compliance with acceptable employment practices and the BSA’s ethical standards.
- All Official Products are backed by the BSA’s commitment to satisfaction and its no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
Why should I collect only Official BSA Products?
You can be certain that Offical Products are reviewed and authorized by the BSA National Council as required by the organization’s charter. The BSA knows what company made each product and how many were produced.
- You help protect the BSA against trademark infringements.
- You help maintain the integrity of the BSA brand.
- You help ensure the BSA’s marks, words and phrases will be protected and carry the same meaning for future generations of Scouts.
How do I identify Official BSA Products?
- Look for “Official Merchandise of the Boy Scouts of America” or “Official Product of the Boy Scouts of America,” along with the BSA corporate seal on the product itself or on a hang-tag on the product.
- A licensed product will have an “Officially Licensed Product Seal” holographic sticker on the product, packaging, or hang-tag. It may also have an “Officially Licensed Product Seal” printed on the product or packaging.
- Look for either the words Boy Scouts of America, BSA, or a BSA Fleur-de-Lis on the front.
- Official Patches from the BSA Supply Group will have a specific BSA backing.
- Official Patches from BSA Licensees may have an Officially Licensed Product Seal backing, but must have a holographic sticker with a unique, serialized number, affixed to the back of the patch.